Be a Fitness Leader
in Nova Scotia, and Newfoundland & Labrador!
About YOU- Looking for a career change
- Looking for a post-retirement career or side-gig that pays well
- Don't want a desk job
- Want to work in a fun environment
- Have skills/experience in music or dance (applies only to those doing GEL, OAL, & AEL)
- Want to be an entrepreneur or freelancer
- Have a love for helping people
- See yourself as a teacher or educator
- Want to work flexible hours so you can have time with your kids or grandkids, or time to travel
- Want to be qualified without having to go to university or college
- Are open minded and excited to work with a diverse clientele
- Are mentally and physically capable of getting and maintaining a 1st Aid & CPR certificate and of taking charge of others during an emergency
- Are committed to being a life-long learner, doing annual professional development for your fitness career.
About US- Teach the technical skills you need to teach safe and effective fitness programs
- Offer national & international certifications
- Teach you to use holistic teaching practices
- Teach you to use inclusive practices for all fitness clients (within your scope of practice)
- Are pro-LGBTQ+ with our members and our teaching practices
- Believe in multiculturalism and being a positive organization for all persons of colour
- Do not discriminate regarding age or body size with our members AND promote a body-positive approach to exercise education - there is no cut-off age or size for teaching fitness
- Are open to new ideas for courses, certifications and continuing education credits
- Can do exams & evaluations for certifications anywhere in Nova Scotia and Newfoundland & Labrador
- Are non-profit; we want to make money with you, not off of you
- You are a member, not a customer.
The Nova Scotia Fitness Association is a non-profit organization.